Collagen plays many different roles in a child’s body. It:
- helps make bone strong since children are in constant growth mode
- lets the skin and tendons stretch
- helps with skin and wound healing since kids are always getting some sort of new scratch/scrape or bruise while exploring and learning.
- promotes good oral hygiene such as gum healing and stronger teeth
- glycine in collagen promotes better quality sleep, as well as shorten the time it takes to fall asleep (like we all want our kids to sleep better). Children develop and grow the most when they are sleeping.
- improves digestive health
- meets the demand for increased blood supply as your child’s body keeps on growing. Collagen helps to form strong blood vessels that serve as building blocks for transporting oxygen and nutrients throughout their little bodies.
Collagen dissolves quickly without having a big impact on the consistency and texture of your recipe. With this in mind, you can easily add Collagen to any recipe, drink, yoghurt, cereal etc.
Q: HOW MUCH CAN MY 1 YEAR OLD CONSUME VS MY 5 YEAR OLD?
A: We recommend that your younger child consume 2.5g (1 teaspoon) per day and your 5 year old 5g (2 teaspoons) per day.
Q: DOES IT HAVE AN AFTERTASTE?
A: No it does not, it mixes extremely well with any liquid, batter or spread.
How & when to use?
We opted for unflavored collagen so that you can include it in their favourite drink or snack without them ever knowing.
Most kids resist changes in their diet. So, we fully understand the challenges of introducing something new to the table. However, most collagen supplements are flavourless, odourless and mix very well with liquids, even hot liquids. So adding it to Nesquick, Milo, Formula, juice or even milk won’t be an issue.
You can even add it to their yoghurt, cereal, jelly or even mix it with peanut butter.
For younger children we recommend 1 teaspoon of collagen per day and for older children we recommend up to 2 teaspoons a day.