Collagen Protein Benefits
Why you need our Shake during Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding mother’s must nourish their babies and themselves. Nutrients and food choices are thus a top consideration.
Protein is the building blocks of new tissue and required for growth. Adequate protein is needed to ensure that the body can build, repair and maintain tissues and organs. Protein is also important for immune and neurological function.
Protein also has a beneficial effect on milk volume and quality..
Vitamin B12 is essential for proper red blood cell formation, neurologic function and DNA synthesis.
Collagen increases the strength and elasticity of tissues in the body. After birth, collagen and elastin undergo a rapid breakdown. Collagen can help to rebuild tissues in order for our pelvic floor, abdominal muscles and uterus to heal. Collagen is vital for a healthy metabolism and steady blood sugar levels.
Oats are a breastfeeding super food. The nutrients found in oats are responsible for healthier, lusher breast milk. Oats also has a calming effect and helps to comfort and relax the mind.
The B vitamins found in our shake helps in fighting off exhaustion, anger and stress and mental well being plays a key role in breastfeeding.
Flaxseed is a source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids and increases the ALA levels in breastmilk. Fatty Acids are essential to breast milk production.
Why you need our shake during pregnancy
A growing baby during pregnancy needs protein to build the cells of its body, including the brain. The baby grows more rapidly during the second and third trimester, thus is an adequate protein intake vital for healthy fetal development. Experts recommend 75-100g of protein per day. Protein also helps the mother’s breast and uterine tissue to grow during pregnancy and plays a role in increasing blood supply.
Collagen helps restore hair back to health that can sometimes take a beating during pregnancy and post partum hormones. Collagen also helps with skin elasticity (helping to prevent stretch marks) and can help tighten the skin post partum. Collagen also supports skin, joints and muscle health. A daily dose of collagen during pregnancy can reduce your risk of osteoporosis later in life since women are at risk during pregnancy for bone resorption. Collagen helps reduce joint and muscle weakness caused by the hormone “relaxin” during pregnancy. Glycine in collagen also helps support quality sleep and neurological functioning.
Vitamin C, Zinc and high quality protein supports optimal recovery post birth.
The oats found in our shake are complex carbohydrates, meaning that they take time in breaking down slowly. This keeps your blood sugar at a healthy level and reduces the risk of gestational diabetes. Oats is also a great source of fibre which helps with constipation, along with the ground flaxseed in our shake.
The ground flax seed in our shake contains essential Omega 3 fatty acids that plays a prominent role in brain and central-nervous system development of the unborn baby. Flaxseed can also help control blood sugar levels, which reduces the chances of a high birth weight.
Included in our shake is a Multi Vitamin Mix that is needed to support the healthy development of the baby.
Using our Shake for a healthy Lifestyle
Protein is an important component of every cell in the body. Hair and nails are mostly made of protein and it also helps to build and repair muscles. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones and other body chemicals, protein is the building block for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin and blood.
Collagen needs vitamin C to be absorb to it’s full potential, that is why you will find added vitamin C in our Shake. The production of collagen slows in your 30’s which makes it a smart choice to include a daily 10g Collagen Serving to your diet. Collagen has a variety of benefits that include:
- Better skin health
- Improved joint health
- Increased muscle mass
- Prevents bone loss
- Supports heart health
- Promotes healthy nail and hair growth
- Improves mood
- Collagen makes your skin firmer and more elastic which may help to reduce the visibility of cellulite.
- Collagen can help with symptoms and disorders like IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and Acid Reflux. The reason for this being that the amino acids found in collagen helps build the tissue that lines the colon and GI tract.
- It promotes anti-aging by counteracting the effects of aging and promoting a more youthful appearance by supplying a boost and a restructuring effect on the skin’s collagen network from within.
- Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They include health benefits such as:
- Weight loss by increasing your feeling of fullness
- Lower blood sugar & cholesterol levels
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Source of antioxidants
- Helps relieve constipation
Our shake is Dairy free with Plant Based Protein.
Magnesium Bath Salt Benefits
- May assist with soothing sore muscles and cramps.
- May bring some relief to back pain caused by pregnancy.
- Can support stretching skin.
- Is known to speed up the healing of cuts.
- Has been shown to be a natural stress reducer and to promote sleep.
- Known for it’s ability to relieve pain and inflammation in tired joints.
- Soothes sore muscles after working out.
- Relieves soreness from diarrhea, usually caused by antibiotics.
- Can relieve tired, swollen feet if used as a foot soak.
- Improves circulation.
- Improves skin hydration.
Booby Bar Benefits
Our Booby Bars contain Galactagogues (a food/ingredient that increases the flow of a mother's milk) to help increase a mother's breastmilk supply.
Our Booby Bars contain EIGHT galactagogue ingredients, namingly:
- Blessed Thistle
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
Our Booby Bars are high in energy, giving any mother that energy boost she needs to feed her baby or to get through her day. Each galactagogue comes with it's own benefits for the mother besides increasing her supply, this includes;
- having antioxidant effects
- reducing feelings of hunger
- supporting the digestive tract
- supporting healthy bones and blood cell formulation
- relieving constipation
- promoting healthier hair
- fighting fatigue and can help to elevate mood
This is just some of the additional benefits that our 8 Galactagogues has to offer.
Yummy Bar Benefits
Our Yummy Bars are Vegan and Ideal for pregancy, breastfeeding and for busy moms on the go
Pumpkin seed benefits:
- Prevent and soothe abdominal cramps
- Reduce your chances of diarrhea and eczema
- Helps remove worms from your intestine and clean your spleen, reducing any chances of a stomach infection
- Helps keeps blood sugar levels in check
- Helps prevent constipation
- Promotes heart healt
- Helps with good formation of your baby’s bones and teeth.
- Helps strengthen the immune system, it also helps you to sleep better and help control mood swings
- Helps to improve insulin regulation to help prevent any diabetic complications as it reduces oxidative stress
- Helps with headaches, blood pressure levels and joint pain
- Protects against osteoporosis
- Enhance skin health
- Regulate blood sugar
- Support thyroid function
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Lowers the risk of cancer
- Vit E in sunflower seeds acts as an antioxidant and protects your body from free radicals. It also protects you from blood clots in the vessels
- The phosphorous in sunflower seeds helps with bone development in your baby
- Potassium helps with regulating sodium balance in your body. This helps in keeping down the high blood pressure levels
- Improves immune system
- Sunflower seeds are rich in folic acid which helps in the formation of red blood cells and carries oxygen from the lungs to the different parts of your body.
- Vitamin E in sunflower seeds neutralises free radicals. Selenium induces DNA repair. Magnesium builds strong bones and helps lower blood pressure, decreases muscle tension, migraine headaches, soreness and fatigue.
- Helps prevent cardiovascular diseases
- Helps to lower cholesterol
- Aids in digesting food and can help cure constipation
- Promotes bone health
- Helps to keep your nerves relaxed and combat stress
- Has a positive effect on your mood
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Promotes bone health
- Cancer fighter
- Boosts energy
- Fights diabetes and promotes heart health
- Lowers bad cholesterol and lowers blood pressure
- High in antioxidants
- Mood enhancer
- Walnuts are omega 3 enriched fatty acids and proteins which help in the growth of the eyes and brain of the fetus.
- Helps reduce and prevent inflammation in the blood vessels
- Helps in the proper growth and development of the fetus due to it’s copper content
- Helps strengthen the immune system
- Helps to promote better sleep
- The alpha-linolenic acid found in walnuts is good for fighting postpartum depression.
- Helps to increase satiety, minimizing the feeling of hunger
- Supports brain health
- Helps to strengthen hair and improve it’s growth.
- Help develop good memory power
- Cleans your blood
- Provides an energetic feeling
- Increases the strength of your heart beat and promotes circulation of blood.
- Helps to calm the mind
- Helps prevent cancer with its antioxidants that fights against free radicals.
- Reduces blood pressure
- Provide relief from constipation
- Helps in treating anemia and fever
- Helps in bone formulation and calcium absorption
- Protects eyes and teeth against infections
- Helps produce blood cells and prevents weakness.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps the foetus develop good eye sight and strong bones
- Good for you heart
- Treat urinary tract infections
- Boost Brain Power
- Prevents cancer
- Combats tooth decay
- Lower bad cholesterol
- Prevents kidney infection
- Helps with weight loss
- Boosts immunity
- Heals acne, blemishes and helps unclog the pores
- Improves skin glow and has Anti-aging properties
- Helps reduce oil buildup and reduces skin pigmentation
- Improves hair growth and adds shine to hair
- Helps in weight loss as it contains healthy fats
- Nourishes nervous system
- Protects walls of blood vessels
- The folic acid present in almonds help in the brain development and neurological growth of the baby.
- The Vitamin E in Almonds helps to reduce cholesterol
- Helps reduce hunger and in maintaining blood sugar levels
- Helps prevent future allergies
- Helps in proper bowel movements and prevents digestion problems
- Help in strengthening the bones of the fetus by providing calcium and also help prevent the risk of preeclamspia. Also helps in preventing osteoporosis.
- Helps prevent birth defects
- Provides energy
DIM promotes estrogen metabolism to produce healthy and protective 2-hydroxy estrogens and minimizes the activity of pro-inflammatory enzymes, thereby reducing cellular inflammation. Studies have shown that DIM promotes healthy estrogen metabolism in both men and women. Activating these pathways encourages remarkable weight loss and hormonal balance.
Estrogen-dominant fertility health conditions include:
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarion Cysts
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- Immature Egg Maturation
- Immature Sperm Maturation
DIM may bring relief to the following symptoms associated with estrogen dominance:
- Hair loss related to hormonal imbalance
- Helps regulate an irregular menstrual cycle
- Supports cervical health
- Breast tenderness
- Pain associated with endometrioses
- Slow metabolism
- Weight gain
- Dry eyes
- Foggy Thinking
“Good” estrogen are known as cell protectors through their action as antioxidants. Good estrogen helps the body regulate proper cell growth while eliminating the damaged and dead cells.
Women do have testosterone hormones in their body, even though they have lower levels compared to men. Despite the lower levels of testosterone, the right levels of testorone is needed for it plays a vital role in mood, libido and fat-burning metabolism. Excess/Bad estrogen can block hormone receptors sites which prevents other hormones from actively and efficiently doing their jobs. Even the slightest drop of testosterone in the female body can be detrimental to health. DIM removes excess/bad estrogen in the female body, which helps the testosterone to stay active in the female body. Active testosterone supports a positive mood, healthy sex drive and a healthy active aerobic metabolism (the process whereby oxygen, blood glucose, glycogen and fat is used to fuel muscles of the body during exercise). Good estrogen are the controllers of metabolism as they naturally regulate energy within the body.
DIM improves hormonal balance as well as improve egg health which makes it a great addition to your fertility plan. With infertility on the rise, many studies are finding that environmental stress, non-organic food, processed soy food and chemicals found in food is the cause of estrogen overload.
Obesity can also cause estrogen overload in some women when their fat cells turn other hormones produced by the body into estrogen, causing an estrogen dominance problem.
DIM & Sperm:
Sperm are very sensitive to a variety of influences. Modern living exposes us to environmental toxins and stress. These toxins are found in water, air and food. Daily stress weakens the reproductive system by increasing the free radical load and chronically elevating the stress hormones. As your body becomes more toxic, the quality and quantity of your sperm decreases as well as the overall vitality of the sperm. Some toxins affect hormones by acting as hormone mimics and these mimics may contribute to an increase in bad estrogen and lower levels of testosterone. As previously mentioned, DIM removes excess/bad estrogens and promotes healthy levels of testosterone.
Chromium works by increasing the sensitivity of the cells in the body to insulin. An out of whack glucose level is commonly linked to hormonal disorders like PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and chromium has been found to help treat it’s symptoms.
Blood sugar is also closely tied to skin health; when you consume a diet high in sugar, it tends to affect the quality of your skin. Insulin stimulates testosterone, which can cause an increase in sebum production (oily skin & prone to breakouts), but if you are getting enough chromium, your insulin is going to work more efficiently so you won’t get as many of those insulin spikes.
Chromium may help reduce hunger, cravings and binge eating in some people.
Glutathione is one of the most important molecules in the body because it protects cells from the damaging effects of toxins and oxidative stress.
By fighting free radicals, glutathione supports the liver so it can carry out its job of detoxifying the body. Likewise, preventing free radical damage also helps promote a healthy immune system.
Eating, exercising, and even breathing result in the creation of free radicals. These imbalanced molecules attack your body at the cellular level, robbing other molecules of electrons and setting off a chain reaction. This constant barrage impacts overall health and wellness, as well as how quickly you age. Setria supplies a potent store of antioxidants that bind to free radicals, keeping them from wreaking havoc throughout your body.
Glutathione not only neutralizes free radicals by itself. This antioxidant also has the ability to reactivate other antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E. After antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin E neutralize free radicals, they become unstable radicals themselves. Glutathione helps recycle these unstable molecules, returning them to active duty and extending their abilities to scavenge for and neutralize oxidants.
Glutathione supports the function of your liver, kidneys, GI tract and intestines—your body’s major detoxification pathways. Glutathione helps eliminate toxins in two main ways:
- It helps eliminate toxins, ingested chemicals, and potential carcinogens that the body has already absorbed
- It intercepts and neutralizes toxins in the GI tract before they are even absorbed.
Glutathione helps fortify your immune system in two important ways. First and foremost, it plays a central role in the proper function of T-cell lymphocytes (white blood cells), the frontline soldiers of the immune system, by increasing their numbers. Second, there is evidence that glutathione stimulates the production and activity of natural killer (NK) cells.
It has been reported that glutathione reduces melanin production by suppressing the activity of tyrosinase and switching the eumelanin synthesis to pheomelanin synthesis, which may help with skin brightening and wrinkle reduction.
Vitamin B7 is a vital part of a healthy metabolism and creating important enzymes. Biotin is often used to strengthen hair and nails.
Many systems benefit from biotin including the skin, nerves, digestive tract, metabolism and cells. Vitamin B7 is needed for the formation of fatty acids and glucose, which are used as energy in our body.
Vitamin B7 is used by the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and amino acids. It is also vital for the normal growth of foetuses.
Vitamin B6, along with the other B vitamins, helps the body turn food into energy.
They are responsible for the way your body unlocks the energy in food to be able to utilize the nutrients effectively, assist in hormonal optimization, cell health and energy utilization. Without B6, the body wouldn’t be able to absorb vitamin B12.
Vitamin B5 is one of the most important vitamins for human life. It’s necessary for making blood cells, and it helps you convert the food you eat into energy.
Vitamin B5 is one of eight B vitamins. All B vitamins help you convert the protein, carbohydrates, and fats you eat into energy. B vitamins are also needed for:
- healthy skin, hair, and eyes
- proper functioning of the nervous system and liver
- healthy digestive tract
- making red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body
- making sex and stress-related hormones in the adrenal glands
The other vitamins in the vitamin B complex are vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), and folic acid.
B vitamins turn carbohydrates into glucose, which is the fuel that produces energy.
Specifically, B5 helps to:
- Create red blood cells
- Create stress-related and sex hormones
- Maintain a healthy digestive tract
- Process other vitamins, particularly B2
- Synthesize cholesterol
Vitamin B2 is also used for the development and function of the skin, lining of the digestive tract, blood cells and s vital for eye health. This vitamin is needed to protect glutathione, which is an important antioxidant in the eye and can lower the risk of developing cataracts.
Vitamin B12 is important to how the body processes iron.
Those suffering from migraines may find that taking doses of B2 may help. A study found that those taking Vitamin B12 had significantly fewer migraines.
For a woman, too much insulin in the bloodstream can confuse the hormones that control ovulation and consequently affect the ability to ovulate normally. Myo-Inositol is needed for insulin signaling, together with Chromium it also increases the insulin sensitivity of cells.
An egg that crosses into the abnormal range can never cross back. Because the number of eggs women have is defined at birth and never increases, it becomes especially important to keep the quality of eggs as high as possible.
Sperm have to be energetic swimmers and properly shaped to penetrate an egg. Getting pregnant is only half the equation when it comes to egg and sperm quality. The egg’s 23 chromosomes combined with the sperm’s 23 chromosomes need to be free of fragmentation or defect to give the baby the best chance at a healthy life. Myo-inositol helps with both egg and sperm quality.
- For women, myo-inositol works to balance hormones that control ovulation as well as protect the egg from free radical damage in the body.
- For men, myo-inositol improves the mitochondria of sperm to improve motility as well as protects the sperm from free radical damage in the body.
Hormonal imbalance and insulin resistance are determining factors in whether a woman can ovulate consistently and on a predictable schedule. The common thread between hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance, and ovarian cysts is insulin. The health and function of the body depends on whether it and many other hormones stay organized, efficient, and balanced. Excess insulin has a cascading effect on other hormones. It can cause an increase in testosterone levels which can completely halt ovulation in a woman. Follicle Stimulating Hormones (FSH), Luteinizing Hormones (LH), Estrogen, and Progesterone all fall out of optimal levels when there is too much insulin. If a woman can ovulate in spite of all these hormonal imbalances, the quality of the egg released is frequently low which makes conception much more difficult.
Getting pregnant won’t happen unless a sperm has the energy and swimming skills to make it to the egg. And, if a sperm isn’t properly shaped, it won’t be able to penetrate the egg once it swims all that way. Finally, if a sperm has damaged DNA or other integrity issues, the resulting fertilization often ends in miscarriage. Myo-inositol supplementation may help improve sperm motility and integrity and improve chances for a successful fertilization and They may also improve insulin function and slightly lower blood pressure in those with PCOS. What’s more, preliminary research found that the combination of inositol and folic acid may promote ovulation in women with fertility issues from PCOS. In one study, 4 grams of inositol and 400 mcg of folic acid taken daily for 3 months induced ovulation in 62% of treated women.pregnancy.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that causes hormone imbalances in women, which may lead to irregular periods and infertility. Weight gain, high blood sugar and undesirable cholesterol and triglyceride levels are also concerns with PCOS. Inositol supplements may improve PCOS symptoms, particularly when combined with folic acid.For instance, clinical studies suggest that daily doses of inositol and folic acid may help reduce levels of triglycerides in the blood.
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Alpha Lipoic Acid seems to improve elasticity, reduce wrinkles and prevent the roughness of aging skin. It’s an organic compound that acts as a powerful antioxidant in the body.
Unlike many other antioxidants, Alpha Lipoic Acid is both water- and fat-soluble which allows it to work in every cell or tissue in the body. The antioxidant properties of Alpha Lipoic Acids includes:
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- Reduced Inflammation
- Slowed Skin Aging
- Improved Nerve Function
Alpha Lipoic Acid also raises the levels of other antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Glutathione, which helps protects against sun damage and may reduce signs of aging.
Vitamin E is sometimes used for improving physical endurance, increasing energy, reducing muscle damage after exercise and improving muscle strength.
Vitamin E is an important vitamin required for the proper function of many organs in the body. It is also an antioxidant, which means it helps to slow down processes that damage cells.
Vitamin E can help with the following:
- Painful menstruation. Taking vitamin E for 2 days before and for 3 days after bleeding begins seems to decrease pain severity and duration, and reduce menstrual blood loss.
- Male infertility. Taking vitamin E by mouth improves pregnancy rates for men with fertility problems.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Taking vitamin E by mouth seems to reduce anxiety, craving, and depression in some women with PMS.
- Physical performance. Research suggests that increasing vitamin E intake in the diet is linked with improved physical performance and muscle strength.
- Sunburn. Taking vitamin E by mouth together with vitamin C protects against skin inflammation after exposure to UV radiation. However, vitamin E alone does not provide the same benefit.
Free radicals form as a result of normal body processes. They cause damage that shortens the life of your cells. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that may help reduce free radical damage and slow the aging process of your cells.
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning it can’t be produced by the body. Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that can strengthen your body’s natural defences. Antioxidants are molecules that boost the immune system. They do so by protecting cells from harmful molecules called free radicals.
Studies show that consuming more vitamin C can increase your blood antioxidant levels by up to 30%. This helps the body's natural defences fight inflammation.
Iron is an important nutrient that has a variety of functions in the body. It is essential for making red blood cells and transporting oxygen throughout the body.
Interestingly, vitamin C supplements can help improve the absorption of ironfrom the diet. Vitamin C assists in converting iron that is poorly absorbed, such as plant-based sources of iron, into a form that is easier to absorb. This is especially useful for people on a meat-free diet, as meat is a major source of iron. Simply consuming 100 mg of vitamin C may improve iron absorption by 67%.
Vitamin C is involved in many parts of the immune system:
- Vitamin C helps encourage the production of white blood cells known as lymphocytes and phagocytes, which help protect the body against infections.
- Vitamin C helps these white blood cells function more effectively while protecting them from damage by potentially harmful molecules, such as free radicals.
- Vitamin C is an essential part of the skin’s defence system. It is actively transported to the skin where it can act as an antioxidant and help strengthen the skin’s barriers.
Studies have also shown that taking vitamin C may shorten wound healing time. Taking vitamin C orally can enhance the effectiveness of sunscreens applied to your skin for protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays. It does this by decreasing cell damage and helping the healing process of bodily wounds. Vitamin C can also help fend off the signs of aging because of its vital role in the body’s natural collagen synthesis. It helps to heal damaged skin and, in some cases, reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Adequate vitamin C intake can also help repair and prevent dry skin.
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin that your body needs but cannot produce.
Vitamin B12 has many roles in your body such as supporting the normal function of your nerve cells and is needed for red blood cell formation and DNA synthesis.
Vitamin B12 may benefit your body in impressive ways, such as:
- boosting your energy,
- improving your memory
- and helping prevent heart disease.
This vitamin plays a vital role in synthesizing and metabolizing serotonin, a chemical responsible for regulating mood.
Given vitamin B12’s role in cell production, adequate levels of this vitamin are needed to promote healthy hair, skin and nails.In fact, low vitamin B12 levels can cause various dermatologic symptoms, including hyperpigmentation, nail discoloration, hair changes, vitiligo (the loss of skin color in patches) and angular stomatitis (inflamed and cracked mouth corners).
Vitamin B9 (Folate)
Many clinical studies show that when women take folic acid before conception, the risk of neural tube defects (NTDs) is significantly reduced up to 50-60%. Other studies have found that when taken with a multivitamin supplement, folic acid can minimize the risk of congenital heart defects, cleft lips, and other abnormalities during the preconception period.
Folate is critical for normal brain development and function. Short-term folic supplementation also significantly improved IQ scores, short-term memory, and motor skills in adults.
Higher folate intakes are associated with lower frequencies of abnormal sperm, which may interfere with conception in men. Folate’s role in DNA synthesis is vital for embryonic development and survival
Folate deficiency is linked to decreased bone mineral density and an increased risk of bone fracture. Nitric oxide synthase is an enzyme that helps preserve bone density by stimulating bone formation and preventing bone loss. Folate can act as a cofactor for this enzyme and promote nitric oxide activity in bone cells, thereby maintaining bone density.
Vitamin B3 holds the following benefits:
- Improved memory and mental
- Increased energy
- Increase mood
- Prevent and relieve headaches
- Assist with and prevent skin problems
- Lower cholesterol
- Ease arthritis
- Boost brain function
Vitamin B1 helps prevent complications in the nervous system, brain, muscles, heart, stomach, and intestines. It is also involved in the flow of electrolytes into and out of muscle and nerve cells.